2007 Work Project
- Re-paint Jan’s Hideaway
- Plant 500 hazel saplings with stakes and protective spirals in March 2007 funded by Ardroy Outdoor Education Centre
- Continue clearing areas of Sitka Spruce in preparation for planting native species
- Continue coppicing areas of mature hazel
- Continue cutting back Rhododendron ponticum
- Spray sections of the paths with Glyphosate to remove the bog grass that was spreading across them.
All the above work each year is carried out by adult volunteers on two annual residential volunteer weekends and primary school pupils who undertake woodlands study days as part of a five-day residential outdoor course at Ardroy. Many of these groups complete a John Muir Discovery Award on these courses.